What happens if I don’t have a Lasting Power of Attorney?

Ans: If you do not make a LPA those who wish to assist you will need to apply to the Court of Protection in order to act on your behalf. The Court of Protection will consider the facts before it and decide on what is in your best interests and may appoint a deputy to act on your behalf. Dealing with your financial affairs would be virtually impossible without someone authorised to act on your behalf, relatives can face long delays, expense and distress if they have to go through the Court of Protection to be permitted to do so.

JH Legal Ltd
Company Number: 10592081

Registered Office Address:

40 High Street
South Normanton
DE55 2BP